Schoolwork is a quick and easy way to set work for your students. It will keep everyone up to date with what needs to be done and even allows you to keep track of it all if you want.
Let's explore some of the uses for Schoolwork
- Setting homework - give your students a task to do by a certain date and even include reference material for them to get started
- Setting classwork - quickly set the class group a task and issue them instructions on what it is they are to complete
- Track work - if you set your class group a task but you also would like to keep track if each student physically turns-in their work
How to set Schoolwork
1. Navigate to the class group where you would like to set Schoolwork and then click on the Assignments tile. There you will see a button called Set Schoolwork. Click on this button to display the Schoolwork panel.
2. Enter any relevant details for your students to complete the work such as a Title for the work and a Due Date when you want it completed. Once the Due Date passes the Schoolwork will automatically be marked as Completed and the Assignments tile will decrease its number.
Instructions are optional but are a great way of letting your students know the specific elements of the task that they must complete.
3. If you want to include some reference materials such as an image, document, website or video then you can do this by clicking on the Attach Reference Material link. This will let you select a file from the learning resources library, your device, cloud storage such as OneDrive or Google Drive or it can be a link on the internet such as a video, website or other application such as a quiz from forms and quizlet.
4. You can also track if students turn-in their work to you for example, if you want your students to design a poster, write an article, sketch a design, create a piece of art or model. Clicking the Track work turned-in will allow you to do this.
Note: If you decide to track Schoolwork you will need to record this for each student much like you would a roll call. Schoolwork does not let students turn-in their work through SchoolWise you would set an Assignment for this.
5. Once you have entered the details and configured your options, just click the Set button. The Schoolwork will be entered into the calendar, each student notified and the Assignments tile will increment to show the new task is set. You can see how this in the article How to use Assignments in SchoolWise
See it in action