This article assumes that you already have the SchoolWise apps for Microsoft Teams already installed in Office 365. You can check out this article to see how to install the apps.
There are currently three available apps for Microsoft Teams;
- Curriculum Planner - This is best installed on a Team that you have created for a subject department that only you and your colleagues have access to.
- Learner Support - This should be installed on a Team that only school management, AEN/learning support, guidance and counselling, and year heads have access to. It contains sensitive information that only these management teams should have access to.
- Gradebook - This can be installed on any class Team and will give you all the assessment and academic tracking information for your learners.
Note: Adding an app to a Team does not grant permission to a Team's user to use that function of SchoolWise. The user is still required to have the necessary permission in SchoolWise.
Let's take a look at how to add an app in Microsoft Teams.
1. Click on the Team where you want to install the app and click on the Add a tab icon.
2. The list of apps will appear. You can scroll through the apps or just use the search box and enter schoolwise to filter the apps. Just click on the app you want to add to the Team and then click the Add button.
3. This will display the configuration screen for the app. Click on the group to choose a class or department depending on the app you are adding, click the Save Group button to save this setting. Finally, click the Save button at the bottom to save the configuration.
4. That's it! Your app should now be displayed on the list of tabs.