If your school uses Google G Suite and you would like to attach a Google document to Schoolwork that you want each of your learners to be able to open in G Suite, this article will walk you through how you do this with an Assignment in SchoolWise.
If you want your learners to get a copy of the document that they can edit and turn back in, you can see how this is done by visiting this article.
How to set schoolwork using Google documents
1. In your class group, click on the Assignments tile.
2. Then click on the Set Schoolwork button.
3. The Schoolwork panel will be displayed where you can enter in details of the Schoolwork. Complete the details and then click on Attach Reference Material button.
4. This will display the Select Files panel where you can browse for your file from a number of different locations. Once you have selected your file, click the Select button.
Note: when selecting a file from Google Drive choose the Download option instead of Link option. If you use the link option you will need to ensure that you learners have the view permission in Google to access the file. In order for your learners to be able to view the file in Google G Suite it must be a docs, sheets or slides format, Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents will also work.
5. You will be notified that your reference material has been successfully added to your schoolwork. Once you have completed everything just click the Set button.
6. Your Schoolwork has now been set and will appear in the list for you and your learners. This will also appear in the School Calendar for you and your learners.
A notification message will automatically be sent to all your learners that new schoolwork was set. If they do not read this message in SchoolWise it will automatically be sent in the end of day email.
How your learners view the Schoolwork and reference material that you have set
1. Your learners can view the Schoolwork for the class by clicking on the Assignments tile. When they visit the screen they will have a View button that the click to view the details of the Schoolwork that you have set them.
2. The Schoolwork Summary panel will be displayed showing the details of the Schoolwork. They will have the option to either click the Open or Download button to view the reference material. When they click the Open button, the document will automatically launch the application in Google G Suite online.