You see your learners more than anyone and therefore get to know their strengths and weaknesses in subject areas. This also changes over time as they improve or in some cases are more challenged. Either way you modify their Differentiation Band as they move through the year and their lifetime in your school.
Differentiation bands can be set by screening or assessment data such as CAT4 but it still enables you to modify this setting on a class-by-class (subject-by-subject) basis. So the learner can be in one band for Mathematics and another for English.
Here are the steps on how you can modify the band for your learners.
Note: If you want to set the subject level for a learner, check out this article.
1. Navigate to your class group and click on the Gradebook tile.
2. Then click on the Reports button.
3. A panel will pop up where you then need to click on the Assessments report.
4. Next to the each learners name you will see the level and Differentiation Band for your class group/subject. Click on the differentiation band to modify it.
5. A window will appear where you can select a Differentiation Band in the drop down.
6. Once you have selected the option click on the Update button.
See it in action