There are two ways to set the level for a class group;
a) Set the level before you add any assessments for the class group
b) Change the level after you add assessments for the class group
Set the level before you add any assessments
If you have not graded any assignments or have not added an assessment task/activity to the grade book, you can then set the level of the class
1. Simply navigate to the class group that you want to change the level of. Then click edit group at the top right-hand corner as shown.
2. A window will pop-up where you can select the Key stage, Year and Level
3. Click on the drop down and choose the level.
4. Scroll down and you will see an option to 'save group or cancel'. Click the save group button to save your changes.
Change the level after you add assessments
If you have already added assessments through assignments or the grade book, here is how you can change the level for all learners
1. Open the grade book for your class group and click on the assessments report
2. Click on the Level column heading
3. Select the new level from the dropdown and click Update
See it in Action