When you need to track an assessment that is currently taking place such as a class presentation or science experiment, or if the assessment has already happened such as a handwritten test or online quiz. Either way you want to track the Task or Activity that you set your class group by issuing each student some grading information, this article will take you through the steps.
1. Navigate to the class group where you would like to add the assessment and then click on the Gradebook tile.
2. Click the Add Gradebook button on the top right of the Dashboard page and then click on the Task/Activity button.
3. The Add Grade page will allow you to put in the name of the Task/Activity, choose a date it took place and then you can decide which one, or all of the grading options you want to provide. Just uncheck each option you do not want to use for example, if you only wanted to give formative feedback to your students you can uncheck Grades and Judgement.
If a student did not turn-in their work, was not present for the assessment or you simply do not want to include, just click the toggle off next to their name.
Note: you can always edit the Gradebook entry and later fill in the information for any student who you did not include.
4. Once you have selected the grading options you now can fill these in for each student. If you are providing feedback just click the Add button and then complete the Feedback box. This will then appear as Submitted but will not be sent to the student until you click the Grade button.
5. Once you have completed all the information for the assessment you can either Save or Grade the assessment. If you are in the middle of entering the Task/Activity but do not have time to complete it, just click the Save button. This entry will then be available to complete later by clicking the Saved button on the Dashboard.
If you click the Grade button then this will issue the results to your students, update the Dashboard along with all of the Reports. Your students will also be notified of their results.